The mission of Anchorsaway is to instruct, challenge and inspire students and adults to think Christianly in all areas of life, to passionately live out their faith and to love others unconditionally to the glory of God.
Researcher George Barna has stated that only 9% of born again teens believe in moral absolutes. This is alarming news! How do we expect young adults to stand for truth when they leave home if they do not believe in a moral standard? With all the conflicting worldviews bombarding students today, especially on college campuses, it is no wonder that the numbers continue to rise. Josh McDowell says that close to 80% of young evangelical men and women do not return to the church after leaving high school. McDowell also found that only 2% of Christian students can defend what they believe about God, the Bible and the resurrection of Christ.
Anchorsaway is a college-level Christian worldview educational experience targeting high school juniors and seniors, college students and adults. The purpose is to encourage each student’s biblical understanding and spiritual growth as they are equipped to confidently live out their faith in every area of life. There is absolutely no doubt that an Anchorsaway student will learn how to build an authentic faith in Christ and will be motivated to live it out everyday. Students will be prepared to give an answer to others as to what they believe to be true about God, Christ and the Bible. With the help of the Anchorsaway Worldview Handbook, each student has a resource they can go to in order to refresh their minds, answer questions others have about their faith, create talks to give and also teach Bible studies. Many students enjoy writing papers on a variety of subjects as a result of their notes and the recommended reading book lists found at the end of each lesson.
Matthew 22:37 records Jesus’ command to “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’” In this imperative, Jesus defines the holistic nature of the Christian worldview. Of primary importance to Anchorsaway is the transformation of each heart through the working of the Holy Spirit. We believe the message of God’s love and acceptance of everyone, despite current circumstances, must be constantly reinforced through the class lessons and in the small group discussions. Without a heart that is focused on Jesus Christ, the information learned from this course of study is of absolutely no value.
This is an exciting opportunity to prepare the next generation and their parents to be a light for Christ and to impact our culture to the glory of God. We believe that the war for the minds and hearts of our culture can, and will be won – one student, one family, one community at a time!
Statement of Faith
The following Statement of Faith should be read, accepted, and signed by all those in a leadership position within the ministry and by all guest speakers. Those who cannot agree to the statement should not be given a leadership role and will not be speaking to the students. Being of one mind is critical to the Truth being taught in the lectures and the small groups.
- We believe in one God, the Creator and Lord of the Universe, the co-equal eternal Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a substitutionary death on the cross, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven where, as truly God and truly man, He is the only mediator between God and man.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s authoritative and inspired Word. It is without error in all its teachings, including creation, history, its own origins, and salvation. Christians must submit to its divine authority, both individually and corporately, in all manners of belief and conduct, which is demonstrated by true righteous living.
- We believe that all people are lost sinners and cannot realize the Kingdom of God except by undergoing a new spiritual birth. Justification is by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ. It comes as God’s gift to man and cannot be earned through merit.
- We believe that God loves His Church. Its calling is to worship and witness Jesus Christ by the way we live and love others. We believe that we all should know the truths of the Bible and teach, disciple and preach the Gospel among all nations.
We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit for the individual’s new birth and growth to spiritual maturity, and for the Church’s constant renewal in truth, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power, and mission.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return in glory to raise the dead and bring salvation and judgment to completion. God will fully manifest His kingdom when He establishes a new heaven and new earth, in which He will be glorified forever, and exclude all evil, suffering, and death.