To listen to Nancy's answer recorded live on Moody Radio, click here.
If there is one known fact that we can be absolutely sure, it happened would be the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Archeological discoveries, writings from antiquity, and the prophecies from the Scriptures tell the story of Jesus, the Son of God!
The Bible is the only Holy Book that has prophecies. To prove the existence of Jesus' birth, we need to see what the Bible has to say about the birth and death of Jesus. If all of the predictions about Jesus came to fruition, then we can know for sure that Jesus is God's son who came into this world as a baby and grew to be a man who died for the sins of all humanity.
There are 48 uniquely different prophecies about Jesus. What are the probabilities of Jesus fulfilling just 8 of them?
1. The Messiah would be born of a woman. Genesis 3:15.1446 BC Fulfilled: Matthew 1:20
2. The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2 750 BC Fulfilled: Matthew 2:1
3. Messiah would be born of a virgin. Isaiah 7:14. 740 BC Fulfilled: Luke 1:26-31
4. Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah. Genesis 49:10. 1446 BC Fulfilled: Luke 3:33
5. A messenger would prepare the way for Messiah. Isaiah 40:3-5. 740 BC. Fulfilled: Luke 3:3-6
6. Messiah would be falsely accused. Psalm 35:11. 1440 BC Fulfilled: Mark 14:57-58
7. Messiah would be crucified with criminals. Isaiah 53:12. 740BC Fulfilled: Matthew 27:38
8. Messiah’s hands and feet would be pierced. Psalm 22:16. 1440BC Fulfilled: John 20:25-27
The probability of 8 of the 48 prophecies being fulfilled is 1 in 1017. If you take 1017 of silver dollars and lay them on the face of Texas, they will cover all of the state two feet deep. Now mark one of these silver dollars and stir the whole mass thoroughly, all over the state. Blindfold a man and tell him that he can travel as far as he wishes, but he must pick up one silver dollar and say that this is the right one. What chance would he have of getting the right one? Just the same chance that the prophets would have had of writing these eight prophecies and having them all come true in any one man, from their day to the present time, providing they wrote them in their own understanding.
When Stoner considers forty-eight prophecies, he says, "We find the chance that anyone man fulfilled all forty-eight prophecies to be 1 in 10157. There is no model for this number because we cannot think beyond 1 in 1050. Total atoms in the Universe are 1066.
FOR ANYONE TO FULFILL 48 BIBLICAL PROPHECIES IS SCIENTIFICALLY ABSURD, AND YET, THE BIBLE REVEALS THAT JESUS DID JUST THAT!
ANYONE WHO REJECTS JESUS CHRIST AS THE SON OF GOD IS REJECTING A FACT PROVEN MORE ABSOLUTELY THAN ANY OTHER FACT IN THE WORLD!
Posted on Mon, December 9, 2019
by Anchors Away